I released and launched the v2.2.0 code two days ago. Here is a list of the changes:
- I changed my username from stink to r-admin, wanted to go with something a bit more approachable shall we say. Because of this change, you may need to reselect your desired following list on the settings page.
- Renamed instruction manual to help.
- Added PKCE to the API. This really solidifies the security for any third-party apps that may be built with the API in the future (to my knowledge no API apps exist yet).
- Added a fonts section to the help page explaining how to change the font for this website.
- Added user profiles. When you click on a username you go to the user's profile. You can edit your profile in the settings.
- A handful of other improvements not worth mentioning here is the non-technical summary. The source code release has the full details.
For next release some ideas are:
- Build a React app now that the API is secure, which could serve as Android and iOS apps.
- Open data, someone else gave me this idea. I guess I would simply publish the database dump with all the data in it.
- Hook up more site colors to the settings.
- RSS feeds (initially for home and groups)
- Push-based comment firehose
- Dense comment layout option
- Reset settings to defaults
- Clear account (ie. delete all posts and comments made)
- Delete account
- Regenerate public user id
- Preview and save as draft for posts
- Optimize inbox query (mine takes 10-20 seconds to load 😅)